|No light, or "Device Not Recognized" when I plug In my X-Arcade™?
4th of May, 2015
Thank you for rating this answer.
FIRST: DO NOT USE THIRD-PARTY PS/2-USB ADAPTERS
Please NOTE: If you are using an older model X-Arcade and trying to use a third-party PS/2-USB Adapter, it will not work and is not supported. You must follow instructions on Page 5 Of Manual or you'll need the USB Upgrade Kit
No Special Drivers Are Required For X-Arcade!
When you plug the X-Arcade™ into a USB port on a Windows, you should get a message to install drivers. There are no special drivers needed, they are built into all modern Operating Systems. Simply continue to press "Next" and "Continue Anyway" at all prompts until you get a message saying your hardware is ready to use.
TANKSTICK NOTE: 2 connections are required for the Tankstick to fully work. The permanantly attached USB cable with a green PS/2 end on it is for the trackball only. The serial-USB connection makes the Light on the controller work, and makes the buttons and joysticks work.
If instead you get a message saying "Device Not Recognized":
If you have verified the things above are not the cause, please contact us with answers to the following questions:
- Be sure your PC has USB 2.0, it will not work in USB 1.0.
- Be sure you are only connecting the USB connector to the PC, you DO NOT plug in any purple PS/2 connections when using USB.
- Be sure you are plugging into a USB port directly on the back of the PC (not in the front, not in a USB Hub, not with an extension cable, not with a fox in a box).
- Try it on a different PC, just to be sure it is not a PC specific problem.
- Be sure you have a USB capable model X-Arcade, click here to check.
- Open the X-Arcade™ and check that the longest white molex connector is firmly attached to the PCB, it is recommended to unplug it and plug it back in to be sure. See video.
Click here to fill out an online case support request form with answers to the questions above so that we may efficiently assist you further.
- Does the light on the X-Arcade come on when plugged in? If it does not, check to be sure the longest white molex connector is firmly plugged into the PCB,
- If you press the button on the back of the X-Arcade (closest to switch), does the light go on and off?
- If you have a game console X-adapter, does it work on a game console currently?
- Check for any connection issues here, let us know results.
- Does it give this error on more than 1 PC ? (Please check)
- Does it work in the PS/2 keyboard port connection instead ? (be sure to have a PS/2 keyboard connected to the controller before booting the PC to try it this way, (NOTE: IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE PS/2 PORT WITHOUT A KEYBOARD PLUGGED INTO THE BACK OF THE X-ARCADE).
- If you wiggle the cable coming out of the back of the controller, does the light on the controller ever blink on or off?
- If you plug just the USB cable into the PC without the controller connected to the other end, do you still get the error message?
- Please provide your current mailing address.
No attachments were found.