|X-Arcade Arcade2TV Showcase Pedestal Setup Guide, Manual and Support
27th of January, 2015
Thank you for rating this answer.
The X-Arcade Tankstick manual will explain the basic controls of the X-Arcade. If you plan on using Playstation 2 (Select Models Only) get help with Playstation 2 controls.
Quick Guide For Getting The Computer Installed:
PLEASE READ THE MANUAL AND BELOW GUIDE BEFORE TURNING ANYTHING ON
The PC is shipped separately from the Machine, here is how to get things up and running:
NOTE: The keys can be found taped inside the coin door return slot. You will be connecting a total of 4 USB cables to the PC, 2 power cords (one for the PC and one for the cabinet), an audio cable, and an HDMI cable for video from the PC to the TV. If your PC only has 3 USB ports on the back, there are 2 more on the front.
WARNING: Do not turn off the Machine without first turning off the PC properly by simply tapping (do not hold) the power button on the front of the PC.
- Open the rear door and place the PC in the bottom-left section of the Machine with the back of the PC facing to the right.
- The 2 USB cables from the control panel and green audio plug from the speakers are all bound up and ready to be plugged into the PC. Connect the 2 USB plugs for the control panel to black USB ports (not blue) on the back of the PC. Note: You do not connect the green or purple PS/2 connectors that are also on the control panel cables.
- Connect the green audio plug to the green audio out on the PC.
- Connect the USB connections for the keyboard and mouse to the black USB ports (not blue) on the back of the computer, you can store the keyboard and mouse in the back.
- The serial switchbox (labeled A/B/C/D) switches the CONTROLS between the PC (switched to A) and the PlayStation 2 (switched to C). Since you will most likely only want to use the PC, make sure the switch is set to A.
- You will find the HDMI cable in one of the boxes included with the shipment. Connect one end of the HDMI cable into the back of the PC, connect the other end in to the HDMI-in on your TV.
- Plug one end of the power cable that came with the PC into the back of the PC, and the other end into the white powerstrip.
- Connect the other power cable between the cabinet and your wall socket, a surge protector is recommended.
- Turn on the PC, wait for it to fully boot to the arcade playing software.
- See controls below for selecting and exiting games.
Maximus Arcade GUI Button Layout:
|Page Up Letter
|Page Down Letter
||Start 1 or Button 1
|Exit Game (return to Maximus)
||Exit Button (older models: Left Pinball + Start 1)
|Insert Coins (in game)
||Left Pinball button
|Start Game (after coins inserted)
||Start 1 or Start 2
||There is a volume control inside/behind the coin door
||Hold Start 2 + Press Start 1
|Put PC to sleep
||Hold Start 2 + Press Right Pinball
||Hold Start 2 + Press Left Pinball
- To shut down your cabinet, first press (don't hold) the power button on the front of the PC and allow it to shut down properly. Then you can optionally turn it completely off by turning off the switch on the back of the cabinet.
- To operate the lights, open the control panel and use the included remote control to aim at the IR receiver. The white cable coming off of the white box has the IR receiver on the end of it, so if it is not working make sure it is visible (not pushed down into hole in center).
- For any games that say "Reset to Factory Defaults" or similar, simply hit the F2 button on your keyboard. You will only have to do this once.
- MANUAL GAME CONTROLS CONFIG: You can change the controls for any game by simply pushing the "Tab" key while a game is already running to access the controls menu. The Input (this game) overrides the general input settings and adds custom controller settings for just the game being used. Input (general) option allows controller settings to be applied to all games (not recommended).
- For some games (such as Rampage World Tour and Mortal Kombat games), the - and = keys can be used to raise or lower the in-game volume.
- Q*Bert is a 4-way game where the joystick was mounted in an X mount. There is no way to make a diagonal (in other words 2 keys pressed at once) to be a direction to compensate. So to play it you will want play it with that in mind, Up=up-right, Down=down-left, Left=up-left, and Right=down-right.
Please make sure you read the MAME license and MAME ROM legality, we cannot provide any advice on legality of roms, nor any assistance on how/where to download MAME ROMS. Please do not ask any questions about where/how to download MAME ROMS!
NOTE: We are not responsible for any changes made to your PC settings. We do not recommend going into the operating system unless you are certain you know what you are doing. To exit Maximus to Windows, on the keyboard hold Right Ctrl and press Q. (Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously to open Task Manager, and choose End Task on 'Arcade Frontend'. Next press the More button and Choose File>Run, then type in "explorer" without the quotes and hit enter.) You will find a Desktop icon in the Metro screen (top-left).
New game ROMs can be put in the "PUT MAME ROMS HERE!" folder found on your desktop (do not extract the .zip files). If you add new ROM files to the roms folder, you will need to tell Maximus Arcade to Refresh the Game List. To do this, Open Preferences (Use the keyboard's RIGHT-SIDE CONTROL KEY (NOT LEFT) CONTROL+P while in the front end, or the Preferences link found at C:\MAX 2.10\Frontend) and choose the Configuration tab. Next to "Configuration for" choose the emulator you want to look for new roms in (example MAME) from the drop-down list. Next click on the "Scan" tab at the bottom, and put a check next to "Force rescan of media folder". Close preferences, your screen may be blank for a few minutes while it is updating. If your ROMs don't appear or don't work see our ROMS help page.
- If you get a message saying "Invalid Locations", you will need to restore the Maximus Arcade default preferences. To do this, exit Maximus to Windows by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously to open Task Manager, and choose End Task on 'Arcade Frontend'. Next press the 'More Details' button and Choose File>Run, then type in "explorer" without the quotes and hit enter. Then you will need to go to the directory "C:\MAX 2.10\! Restore Default Prefs\" and run the file called "! File Copier". Then simply reboot the PC
- SOUND: The primary way to adjust the sound is the sound adjustment in the coin door opening. If you need it to go louder still. go to options in Maximus by pressing RCtrl+P (Right-Control+P) while in a menu (not in game), then go to the Controller tab, then the Menus subtab. Next to Volume menu put in a value (for example the letter v). Save that when it asks (overwrite original), and now when in a menu press the v key to open the volume menu. You can press left and right on the arrow keys to adjust volume, v key again to close the menu.
For MAME games you can adjust the volume by pressing the ' key (key above Tab key normally) and adjust using left/right arrows on the keyboard.
- Screensaver: You can disable or change the Screensaver options in Maximus by pressing RCtrl+P (Right-Control+P) while in a menu (not in game) and going to the Options Tab then Screensaver subtab.
- If you upgrade to Windows 8.1, you will need to do the step above and also run the file "Registry Shell". You will also need to re-input the Maximus Registration code.
- If you exit a game and it does not go back to the list of games, simply spin the player 1 joystick in a full circle and try the escape command again (Start 1 + Left Pinball). This can be fixed by turning NumLock off on your keyboard. If your keyboard does not have a NumLock key, open "On-Screen Keyboard" in Windows and turn NumLock off in it.
- If your screen is flipping sideways while playing, you will need to disable the video card's built in Hotkeys (disabled by default). To do this, first exit Maximus to Windows, on the keyboard hold Right Ctrl and press Q (from any menu screen, not in a game). Then right-click anywhere on the desktop and go to HotKeys and choose disable. From here you can reboot the PC.
- X-Arcade™ Tankstick Manual
- X-Arcade Coin Door Manual
The Software Does Not Fit The Screen
The Maximus Arcade software is set to 1080p by default. If your TV is 720p you will need to change Maximus Arcade accordingly. To do this,
- On your keyboard press and hold RCtrl (right Ctrl) and press the letter P.
- Choose the 'Interface' tab.
- Change the resolution setting to the resolution matching your TV and click 'Close'.
Some HDTVs will have part of the picture cut off around the screen, this is called overscan. Many TVs will have an option under Settings either called 'Screen Fit' or 'Dot by Dot', your remote may even have a button to change this called 'Format' or 'P.size'.
However if your TV does not have such a setting, you can simply adjust the PC to fit your screen. To do this,
- First exit the arcade software by pressing and holding RCtrl (right-Ctrl) and then pressing the letter Q on your keyboard.
- Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and choose 'Graphics Properties'. On the screen that comes up choose 'Advanced Mode'.
- Next to 'Scaling' change 'Maintain Display Scaling' to 'Customize Aspect Ratio'.
- You will now see adjustment bars for the horizontal and vertical scaling. You may have to make a small adjustment to one of them and click 'Apply', at which point you will be able to see the adjustments as they happen.
Make sure the HDMI cable is connected properly from the computer to the TV. Also make sure that you have the corresponding HDMI input selected on your TV based on which HDMI input you connected the HDMI cable to on the TV.
The sound will come out of the TV if the PC speakers are not connected. Try raising the volume on the TV and speakers.You can also change the output device under Control Panel>Sound settings.
No attachments were found.