|Mortal Kombat X and Komplete Edition PC Setup
15th of April, 2015
Thank you for rating this answer.
Unfortunately NetherRealm Studios® did not put much thought into the control options in Mortal Kombat™ games for PC. For example, you cannot play with 2 players on one keyboard or a keyboard encoder like have been used in many brands of game controllers for years. We recommend that you contact NetherRealm Studios® to request that they release a patch to address this, or post to their Twitter and/or Facebook page.
One easy workaround is to simply use our Xbox 360 adapter on your PC so the X-Arcade just acts like a 360 gamepad.
Other options for each:
Mortal Kombat X PC Setup Options:
As of launch, MKX is a complete controller NIGHTMARE! Hopefully these bugs in the game will be fixed expeditiously. Problems include:
- There is a known bug where using some controllers in the control settings menu will crash the game to desktop. You can edit the controls to your liking using VJoy settings shown below for now, and hopefully this bug in the game will be fixed.
- Non-Xbox 360 gamepads show the same buttons in the menus and moves list as a 360 gamepad instead of just listing them as their button assignment in Windows, and even worse they aren't assigned the same as a 360 gamepad.
- Remapping controls to the keyboard are not only a different layout than that of a 360 gamepad (as in correct), but if you try to remap the keyboard settings it will do absolutely nothing you change it to. As in, it's broke. Also you can't change what would be Start and Back to another key, there is no setting to change these so you have to at least reprogram the X-Arcade for the Enter key and Escape keys.
- If you use a keyboard based controller, the game's moves list shows keyboard letters instead of the functions they perform, making it impossible to use.
- Keyboards are set up as Direct Input devices, which means the game has full control of the keyboard and treats each keyboard as a separate input device. So you can't just set up the key bindings on your keyboard and then use them on the X-Arcade, and you can't use something like AutoHotKey to work around this.
Option 1: Use our Xbox 360 adapter on your PC so the X-Arcade just acts like a 360 gamepad. This is the easiest way.
Option 2: Reprogram The X-Arcade to the default layout for player 1 and 2 keyboard settings in the game. Note that all numbers are actually NumPad Keys for player 2. As stated above, we can't recommend doing this because each button is then shown as a keyboard key in the moves list, which is useless.
Option 3: Use VJoy to make the keyboard emulate a gamepad:
- Download VJoy and install it. Windows may warn you that it's an unsigned driver, choose continue anyway.
- Download our custom .ini file and unzip it to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VJoy'.
- Open VJoy, click the 'Open ini' button and choose the 'MKX-Arcade.ini' file.
- Play! The controls are set up the same as a 360 gamepad layout. But until they fix the controls screen from crashing, you will need to reassign controllers in VJoy instead of in the game itself.
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition PC Setup:
Unfortunately NetherRealm Studios® did not put much thought into the control options in Mortal Kombat Komplete™ for PC. For example, you cannot play with 2 players on one keyboard or a keyboard encoder like have been used in many brands of game controllers for many years. We recommend that you contact NetherRealm Studios® to request that they release a patch to address this.
2-player X-Arcade™ Controller Setup :
You can make the X-Arcade™ act like an Xbox 360™ Gamepad. Simply unzip the file below to your Mortal Kombat™ installation directory (default: \Program Files (x86)\Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition\DiscContentPC). You can edit the included x360kb.ini to change keys used. There is also Tester included in it that you can use to verify your settings.
IMPORTANT: Under the "Keyboard" setting page you must set the the keyboard keys to unused keyboard keys, such as numbers 1-0, Insert, Home, Delete, End. See image below for example. You do not need to change any Controller settings for this.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.